Shepherd’s Hut ready for guests!
Our original South Downs Shepherd’s Hut is over 100 years old and has spent its whole life within a few miles of Housedean Farm. The Hut has been lovingly restored to provide cosy and stylish accommodation for those who are not so fond of sleeping under canvas!
The hut sits in a slightly elevated position, just outside the main camping field and has spectacular views of the South Downs. Guests will still feel part of the campsite, but you will be able to enjoy your own private area for relaxing in the sunshine, cooking and having a campfire. There is easy access to the campsite facilities.
Inside, the hut is decorated with subtle Farrow and Ball colours, a double bed with a single above, a fold out table, wood burning stove and seating. Outside the hut, there is an awning to provide a covered cooking area, seating and a firepit for campfires and cooking. The hut is fully furnished with the following:
– Double bed with two drawers underneath and a single bed above
– Feathered duvet and pillows (double bed), blanket and cushions
– Wood burning stove with a full log bucket
– Fold out table with three chairs
– Lighting and power points
– Candle lantern
– Crockery for 3 people (dinner plates, bowls, mugs), glasses, cafetiere, kettle
– Supply of teabags, coffee, hot chocolate, sugar and marshmallows.
– Firepit with a bbq grill for cooking
– Covered cooking area with gas stove. Saucepan, frying pan and basic cooking utensils provided
– Picnic bench
– Beautiful views
What you need to bring:
– You’ll need to bring your own towels.
– Food and drink (access to the communal fridge/freezer
– Cool box and ice packs if required (communal freezer available)
2 nights £160 (2 night minimum stay at all times)
3 nights £220
4 nights £280
5 nights £340
6 nights £400
7 nights £400 (7th night free)