We have an opportunity to work on our busy campsite in the heart of the South Downs National Park, near Lewes and Brighton. If you are looking for a great opportunity to work outdoors in a beautiful setting during the summer months, then this could be for you!
We are looking for one or two-part time staff members to assist with the management of the campsite. The job will be varied but we are looking for someone who is hard working and responsible, who enjoys interacting with people, has a strong focus on customer service and preferably enjoys camping and being outdoors. An ability to undertake some maintenance and practical tasks would also be beneficial.
The main tasks that you will be responsible for are:
- Liaise with guests before arrival to confirm ETA
- Planning the allocation of pitches, welcoming our campers and showing them where to go.
- Daily cleaning of the campsite facilities, including litter picking.
- Changing over our Camping Pods and Shepherd’s Hut between guests.
- Occasional maintenance work (painting etc).
- Grass mowing.
- Manning the campsite office/shop during opening hours.
- Supervise the campsite and ensure the no noise policy is adhered to.
- Taking bookings by email and phone
- Using and maintaining our online booking system
We would be open to a full time warden, living on site for the season in a campervan. Please contact us if this is something you are looking for.
Timing and hours
Our peak season is during the school summer holidays (end of July to beginning of September) so we are looking for 6/7 day a week cover for this period. We are happy for either 1 person to fulfil this, or for there to be a job share where 1 person works 4 days and another the remaining 3.
During the off peak season (April, May, June) we are looking for someone to work on Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning although again, this can be flexible depending on your requirements and wishes.
Daily hours can be discussed and agreed but the busiest periods of the day are 8am – 12 and 4pm – 8pm.
We plan to pay a generous hourly rate and this will be discussed and agreed when we meet you.
If you are interested in the vacancy or have any questions please email us. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Please provide some details about yourself and why you would suit this type of role. Successful applicants will be invited to meet us in January/February.